Position Closed. This job ad no longer accept résumés for consideration.
Under the general direction and supervision of the Vice President, Training Solutions and in coordination with Business Development Managers (BDMs) on one or more projects, conducts project management activities using preferred organizational best practices and processes.
- Deputy PM directs and oversees the operations and administration of assigned projects.
- Provides leadership, accountability, and technical and administrative support on high profile projects.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively monitor project cost, schedule, and resource utilization performance and the achievement of project and business objectives.
- Ensures efficiency of operation and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates and provides information for regular reports to upper management.
- Assists with evaluating projects and project compliance with all contractual requirements.
- Participates in continuous improvement of IDIQ contracts by reviewing, evaluating, developing and implementing effective service delivery methods.
- Identifies problems and recommends improvements.
- Fosters a positive working relationship with and between customers, prime contractors, subcontractors and other personnel.
- Travels as required.
- Handles confidential information.
Internal: Communicates with the VP, Training Solutions, the BDMs, PMO, SRG, Purchasing, Technical Account Managers (TAMs) and staff of various other departments.
External: Communicates and interacts with the prime contractor, subcontractors and a variety of vendors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses project management expertise in providing overall management to all project deliverables that support projects, including scope, quality, resource, schedule and risk management. Ensures that IDIQ quotes are submitted and tracked in a timely manner.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates the activities of an assigned project while managing TAMs, Field Engineers (FEs) and subcontract labor; monitors contract performance and plans activities to meet cost and schedule; works to ensure timely rendering of contractual obligations and customer satisfaction.
- Uses interpersonal, problem solving, and issue resolution skills, ensuring that Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets are met, including delivery of IDIQ orders while maintaining excellent service standards.
- Monitors and controls project budget; manages project revenue and expense to stay within or under approved budget.
- Plans and monitors the execution of large projects, such as technology refreshes, product acquisition and large-scale moves, as required.
- Identifies and manages any project training requirements.
- Recommends technical strategies, identifies potential benefits, alternatives, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Provides overall customer support, including planning, directing, and coordinating multiple task orders to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed scope, quality, budget, resource and timeframe parameters.
- Interacts with subcontractors and communicates timely escalations of customer satisfaction issues to BDM and senior management.
- Prepares and submits reports as required by CENSUS or other assigned contracts.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews of investigation reports and works with the QA department in addressing and resolving customer concerns.
- Provides overall customer support, including planning, directing and coordinating multiple task orders; coordinates with the Depot to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed scope, quality, budget, resource and timeframe parameters.
- Interviews and makes hiring recommendations for project employees.
- Provides project consultation and coordinates project activities with other department units, as well as with other entities and groups to ensure project effectiveness.
- Manages project to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost and quality, while maintaining a positive environment that promotes individual development and high-performance standards.
- Assists BDM and Sales department in business development activities; participates in and helps prepare Requests for Proposal (RFPs), and authors Statements of Work (SOWs). Supports BDMs in obtaining quotes from partners and vendors, building and submitting quotes to IDIQ Contracts.
- Utilizes available tools within CENTRE to track project performance, perform ordering functions and support invoicing.
Other Assigned Duties
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or related field, or PMI Certificate in Project Management or equivalent training and work experience.
- Minimum one-year experience in managing technology projects, including desktop refresh, new technology deployment and project management experience in full IT life cycle (acquisition, deployment, refurbishment, and maintenance).
- Experience with project planning, coordination and administrative functions.
- Able to perform the typical duties of a project assistant, coordinator, administrator, or leader.
- Excellent planning, organizational, verbal and writing communication skills.
- Effective task and time management skills.
- Ability to handle a multitude of different tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Windows 2000 or higher, and MS Office suite.
- U.S. Government security clearance may be required for some Projects.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with proven ability to make decisions and solve problems.