Under the general direction and supervision of the Vice President of Unified Communications Solutions leads ITG’s Technical Team for Onsite Installations of complex room integration projects for the federal government, that range from small huddle rooms with VTC capabilities to large command and control rooms with multiple sources, multi-domain video collaboration and complex rout/switch/control.
Ensures efficiency of operations and customer satisfaction. Provides reports as needed to ITG upper management. Participates in program planning, development, training, and implementation. Reviews, evaluates, develops, and implements effective service delivery methods. Installs VTC equipment and solutions at customer sites and provides support services for VTC maintenance.
Represents ITG and Unified Communications to the customer with confidence and assumes accountability for customer satisfaction with service. Ensures compliance with quality of work and procedures. Handles confidential information. Travels as required, approximately 2 to 3 weeks per month. The Lead Field Engineer must be local to the DC Metropolitan area and will work closely with ITG’s Design Engineer for each project.
- Internal: Interacts with the Vice President of Unified Communications Solutions, Project Manager(s) and Business Development Manager(s).
- External: Interacts with customers and a variety of vendors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, implements, and supports solutions to integrate voice, video, and collaboration systems.
- Supervises team and delegate tasks and deadlines to other team members.
- Acts with a high degree of accountability and commitment to meeting customer and management expectations.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and troubleshoots technical equipment problems at customer sites, as required.
- Resolves customer issues and acts as customer relationship liaison.
- Perform site surveys to collect information on customer environments, along with developing detailed diagrams of the users’ physical and logical environments.
- Participate in system designs as required.
- Maintains an understanding of network switching and routing as related to Unified Communications.
- Monitors effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; assists with development and implementation strategies for improving the efficiency, reliability, and performance of these systems.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Stays current with technology trends, customer needs, and market demand to recommend, modify and implement appropriate modifications with advice of the Vice President of Unified Communications Solutions and/or ITG’s management.
- Researches technological advancements to ensure that Unified Communication solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements.
- Evaluates complex technologies to understand their potential vs. risk and make recommendations, including both technical and business foundations.
- Troubleshoots and demonstrates problem solving skills in identification of the root causes of business performance and execution issues by using process and data analysis.
- Escalates issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Engineers, implements, and maintains complex communication solutions.
- Recommends and/or implements Unified Communications network monitoring software and designs changes/enhancements to improve system availability and overall performance.
Other Assigned Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent GED, or equivalent training and work experience in a related field, i.e., electronics, data, or telecommunications. College education preferred.
Seven years’ experience in networking and/or voice communication systems
At least four years’ experience with onsite A/V installations and proficiency at reading Cad and Visio design drawings. Strong verbal and writing communication skills, along with the following certifications:
- Cisco TPS
- Poly TPS
- Crestron Certified Technician
- AMX Certified Technician
- Extron Certified Technician
Ability to travel 100% of the time during busy periods | Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Reliability in showing up on location, meeting travel schedules and flexibly adjusting schedules based on changing priorities
- Understanding of network switching and routing as related to Unified Communications
- Works independently, while demonstrating a collaborative work style
- Strong decision-making skills. Experience leading a team of engineers.