Under the general direction and supervision of the Consulting Practice Business Development Manager and the Vice President of Operations and Consulting Services, executes the planning, implementation, monitoring, and completion of performance improvement projects against ISO 9001, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, EVM, CMMI and other related improvement methodologies as dictated by contract. Provides best practice support to clients, including process development, training, implementation support, internal auditing, and preparation for certification or appraisal.
Helps implement business process methodologies, including plans, procedures, and form development. Works with team members and a diverse client base primarily based in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. Interfaces with the client on a regular, mutually agreed-upon basis to confirm expectations and delivery of expected results. Travels up to 20% of the time. Handles confidential information.
Internal: Interacts with the Consulting Practice Business Development Manager, the Vice President of Operations and Consulting Services, the Director of Software Engineering, the Director of Project Management Office, Business Development Managers (BDMs), Accounting and Human Resources departments, and a variety of staff at all levels.
External: Communicates with staff of federal government contractors, customer organizations, subcontractors, and a variety of vendors, including third-party registration, appraisal, or accreditation entities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies business improvement opportunities, develops solutions, manages initiatives, and identifies resources and disciplines to execute the process.
- Applies business process improvements methods and tools to promote continuous improvement and to assist ITG’s customers in aligning and mobilizing every aspect of their operations and resources for their ultimate success.
- Coaches and mentors on the application of business performance and improvement methodologies and tools in one-on-one and group settings to supplement and reinforce skills attained during training.
- Develops action plans, revisions, and reinforcement based upon audit results, and monitors execution of plans.
- Provides customers with guidance in implementing the CMMI model to improve the quality and performance of business processes to meet their business objectives or goals.
- Supports clients’ CMMI activities and participates in gap analyses and appraisals.
- Identifies any gaps that may exist relative to Best Practices and applicable ISO 27001, ISO 9001, ISO 20000 standards and CMMI models and assists customers in developing a risk mitigation strategy and roadmap to address those gaps in a planned, strategic, and cost-efficient manner.
- Provides final deliverables in the form of a comprehensive findings and recommendations report.
- Performs process and work product audits, reviews, and spot checks. Identifies process compliance issues, provides coaching to ensure compliance, tracks non-compliances to closure and facilitates lessons learned and process improvements.
- Conducts checks on regular intervals to measure the effectiveness of process implementation.
- Leads problem-solving activities to define problems, assess current state root causes, designs, and test solutions, and implements solutions leading to desired outcomes.
- Identifies opportunities for new sales growth to Business Development staff.
- Provides auditing, training, coaching and documentation writing to customers.
- Participates in internal and external audits and appraisals as assigned.
- Assists in the development of ITG organizational training courses.
- Conducts internal ITG ISO 9001, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, EVM and CMMI training courses.
- Participates in ISO and CMMI improvement meetings as required.
- Directs the set-up and coordination of performance and process improvement projects.
- Helps in achieving repeatable performance of the company’s deliverables.
Other Assigned Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or technical field, or equivalent training and work experience
- Minimum of 8 years process improvement and consulting experience
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, presentation, verbal and writing communication skills
- Experience with CMMI Development, and Services models and face-to-face consulting with multiple clients dealing with CMMI model concepts and, implementations
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, and VisioExperience with presenting performance and process information to client organizations and writing and editing process improvement documents
- Experience with ISO processes and auditing procedures
- Lead Auditor certification in ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 20000, and/or CMMI Associate, or other management system standard is highly desirable
- PMP certification is highly desirable
- ITIL Foundations or higher certification is desirable
- Information Security experience is highly desirable